Freitag, Oktober 23, 2009

Lets go for a walk in my neighborhood

My river - I can look out my living room window down onto this little river.
Lets cross the bridge - at least three times a week I do this to go running in the forest.
Another river - in the forest - where I spend one hour running several times a week.
I think this majestic house is abandoned.
Gohlis Schlößchen - the little castle in Gohlis - about 20 minutes by foot from my place.
It is a little castle - compared to others in Europe.
The zoo - about 10 minutes by foot from my place.
The meadow in the Rosental.
Here I am back in my immediate neighborhood.

Here are a few impressions of the surroundings where I live. I'm so fortunate to have found an apartment in such a beautiful historic part of town, and so central. When I took these photos I was on a rare walk through the forest. Normally I am running, to stay in shape, so I can't stop to take pictures. But it was such a beautiful Fall day, I had to make time for a few photos. Some day when I am back on the other side of the world, these will be cherished memories. Now if I could only let you hear the church bells that ring every day.

4 Kommentare:

Liane hat gesagt…

Not sure how i stumbled upon your page, but i am glad i did, for i enjoyed this blog ;-) I am originally from Berlin (west), now living in Atlanta. I came to the States 15 years ago, but i miss my home a lot. I miss the history one can feel each and every day when walking on those old cobble stone roads... i am starting to ramble.. forgive me ;-) wishing you a wonderful day ;-) Liane ;-)

Euromark hat gesagt…

Thank you, Liane. There are many advantages and disadvantages to life in either country. America truly is the new world.

Anonym hat gesagt…

The photos are gorgeous Mark. I wish you a warm and toasty Happy New Year and have a fabulous 2010.

Leni Qinan hat gesagt…

Thank you for the pictures. You're very lucky to live in such a beautiful neigbourhood.

May 2010 be a healthy year and bring you peace, love and happiness.