Freitag, September 15, 2006

The Rest of East Prussia et al. /Der Rest von Ostpreussen et al.

Quite a calandrom here on top of the church tower in Marienwerder

In Chojnice Steve played Addams Family while I marveled at the marbles
The view from the church tower in Marienwerder - the countryside of my great grandparents
Notice the holy fear on my face while Evelyn turns to stone - it was awe inspiring
Dear Gentle Readers,

I thank you for your patience, as the last two weeks have been overflowing. But we’ve been having excellent weather… and that’s part of my reason for absence from blogland. I’ve visited my lake to lie in the sun and swim, and the Lady of the Lake did not find me… My contract with psychiatry came through, so now I free lance translations for them. The English classes at the airport will increase in the nearest future, and some private sessions also hop on the bandwagon, so that is good for my account, and I am happy, because I like my work and enjoy working with everyone at all of my jobs. Last Saturday evening Sebastian and I were at a concert in the Schumann-Haus. Robert Schumann, the famous composer, lived in Leipzig and composed a number of works here. The Schumann-Haus is the very home this composer lived in. Tuesday evening Tobias, a good friend from psychiatry, came over to visit, so we sat out on my west balcony, ate carrot ginger soup and a pasta creation with pine nuts, and we drank a Dornfelder red wine he brought along. It was excellent, and this wine comes from Saxony, I believe the northern most wine-growing region in the world. Thursday had me in Großpösna at Matthias’ place for music. Wieland, who normally is there on the cello, could not come, so we played Gabriel Fauré (moi au piano et Matthias flute) all evening and had a beer together afterwards (a good German tradition to drink a beer together). What bringeth the weekend? Tomorrow evening a concert in the Gohlis Schlößchen, a small baroque castle in north Leipzig with a charming castle garden. The concert will be open air in the garden, so all odors will waft away, but more importantly, a period baroque orchestra will play music of Carl Philip Emanuel Bach, so I do indeed anticipate this event.
An meine milden biederen Leser,

Ich bedanke mich für eure Geduld während meiner Blogabwesenheit, denn in letzter Zeit ist es drüber und drunter gegangen. Aber wir haben herrliches Wetter gehabt, umso mehr Grund für meine Abwesenheit, denn ich bin schon das eine oder andere Mal zum See geeilt, um mich vorsorglich vor der dunklen Jahreszeit zu bräunen. Mein Honorarvertrag in der Psychiatrie hat geklappt, und der Englischunterricht am Flughafen nimmt in nächster Zeit zu, und einige Privatstunden runden den Spaß aus, so dass es meinem Konto gut geht, und es geht mir auch recht gut, denn mir gefällt die Arbeit, und ich komme mit den Menschen gut aus, mit denen ich tag-täglich zu tun habe. Sa. Letzte Woche waren Sebastian und ich im Schumann-Haus zum Konzert, in der Inselstrasse, in just dem Haus, in dem der besagte Herr gewohnt hat. Di. abend kam Tobias, ein Freund aus der Psychiatrie, zum Essen und Quatschen vorbei, so gab es auf dem Westbalkon Ingwer-Möhren Suppe und ein selbst-ausgedachtes Pastagericht mit Pinienkernen, und ein Dornfelder Rotwein untermalte den gemütlichen Abend bekömmlich. Do. war Musizieren in Großpösna. Wieland konnte nicht dabei sein, so, ohne Cello, spielten wir Fauré den ganzen Abend, mit Bier danach. Am WE findet im Gohliser Schlösschen im Schlossgarten ein Konzert statt, am Sa. Abend, und da ist Musik von Carl Philip Emanuel Bach zu höre. Da der Event open air ist, steigen alle Gerüche empor, und die Musik strahlt waagerecht, hoffe ich mindestens. Ich freue mich darauf… your Euromark

4 Kommentare:

Chris hat gesagt…

He has a good idea. Instead of traveling some place, just live there in the first place! For me, I am considering New Zealand.

MYSTIC hat gesagt…

GREAT PHOTOS..WHEN I GO TO EUROPE NEXT YEAR I'LL TRY NOT TO HUNT. DOES ROAD KILL COUNT? AS FOR HUNTING HOMO SAPIENS..ALREADY DID THAT BUT THEY WON'T LET US KEEP THEM. YOU HAVE TO LET THEM GO..IT'S A CATCH AND RELEASE SYSTEM, JUST LOOK AT OUR PRISONS. HERE TODAY GONE TOMORROW...

Angela O. hat gesagt…

As usual, beautiful photos.

I love pine nuts and should use them more often in recipes. I'm more of a white wine gal but Trey likes the reds.

Congrats on the job--very important to like your work . . .

Angel Feathers Tickle Me hat gesagt…

What a wonderful place to visit

love to all....