Montag, März 19, 2007

Belated Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Sasha and Melanie - she is in the middle of an inspiring sentence...
Claudia, Tobias, and I: honestly, we didn't plan to all dress the same...

A belated happy St. Patrick’s Day to all of you! Were you doing something green on Saturday? Well I wasn’t – ha. But I was doing something red, as these photos betray. I met up with some friends – Tobias, Claudia, Melanie and Sasha for an evening in Kowalski, a nice modern pub in the university section of Leipzig. We ate and drank and talked until midnight; good German beer for all of us, and filling vegetarian entrées for me, and when they found out that I have never been to a disco in my life – gasp – they wanted to kidnap me on the spot and solve that statistic. But, we decided to wait for another time and go to the TV Club – a trendy student disco in the north of Leipzig – in a few weeks. Leipzig has quite an assortment of discos for a variety of music tastes, social segments, etc. from hip hop, techno, metallica, the “over 30” crowd, the “under 30” crowd (I won’t tell you whether I am under or over – you guess! lol) and gay and lesbian, as well as others. So, where were you dancing on St. Paddy’s Day? When were you last in a disco (you say “club” in the states…)? Well, I fear it’s been too long, so get your ___ in gear and go…. and happy landing…

Your true Euromark

5 Kommentare:

Karen hat gesagt…

We went to an Irish pub called "The Londoner" with the Scottish friend and his wife. They didn't serve green beer, but we did have a good chicken curry dish.

I want to see pictures of Mark at a disco! The last time (and first) time I went to a club was the week before I left OK. It was a neat place as it had seven different clubs inside, all for different music tastes.

Anonym hat gesagt…

Yep ... I was wearing green on the day. And I had a drink of Baileys Irish creme ... mint flavour. Yum! But then I had the perfect excuse for a celebration! lol!

Angela O. hat gesagt…

No drinking here on St. Pats. (I'm definitely in the over 30 crowd!)

You look stylin' in the black outfits. It's classic; you can never go wrong with black!

ABBA, discos . . . what FUN!

Bettina hat gesagt…

Wow, you have never been to a disco in your life? That's quite... interesting. I think you should definitely go and check it out! And yes please, do post some photos!

I worked til 5 on St. Pats day and then met up with some friends at the pub. We went on the semi-gatecrash some birthday party and ended up a two different clubs in town until 4am... big night. Lots of fun!

Chris hat gesagt…

Sounds like you had a great time. It is funny how the different cultures are co-opting each other's holidays. I mean I would not think Saint Patrick's day would be big in Germany. Anyway I think I workled and crashed and said happy birthday to Aggs.