Sonntag, März 25, 2007

What a beautiful weekend - Leipzig Book Fair and fair weather on Sunday

Waiting for Godot on my West Balcony :-)
Saturday I spent five hours at the Leipzig Book Fair - an annual event of intercontinental proportions. The Leipzig fair is the first major book fair of the year in Germany, and it has a long tradition, since Leipzig used to be THE publishing center for the German-speaking world. There were over 1,500 publishers present with live programs, live radio and tv broadcasts, and huge exhibit halls with so many temptations to buy books, but I resisted successfully, for I am saving my money....
And today Spring has returned again. After running for an hour in the forest, I enjoyed afternoon tea and lemon cake basking in the sun on my west balcony. This is quite the exception for Germany. Last year at this time we were just beginning to thaw from a long snowed-in Winter. So, things are a bit ahead of schedule.
So, how has your weekend been?
Wishing you a wonderful beginning of Spring,
your true
Euromark

6 Kommentare:

Bettina hat gesagt…

I want book fair and coffee and lemon cake and sunny balconies too! Alright, I do actually have a sunny balcony. But your weekend sounds great. You seem to be someone who finds pleasure in little things which is nice.

Anonym hat gesagt…

Oh, I LOVE book fairs. What fun. And the nice weather and afternoon tea on the balcony sounds nice too! Enjoy.

Angela O. hat gesagt…

Sounds like a fantastic weekend so far. I love books--wish I had more time to read. LOL--I'm currently rereading Bridge to Terabithia after having taken my neices and daughter to see the movie. Then I'll get back to the more mature books. Let me know if you find a good book to read.

Chris hat gesagt…

Very nice. I think it is supposed to be 42 degrees and 90% chance of rain here. Great.

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hope you had a very enjoyable Easter EM.

Karen hat gesagt…

I think Mark is lost in the woods.