Donnerstag, Oktober 09, 2008

Falling Asleep Elegantly

I wake up to this view every morning - from the south window of my bedroom.
Here I am today standing in my living with my east deck behind me.

Someone who didn't know when to stop playing - in a beautiful garden I walked to on Sunday.
Fallen leaves on steps in a garden.
a stream I run alongside several times a week.

Greek splendour by the lake in the park.
the river flows...
such brilliant colors
the path I run along three times a week.

Autumn can be a very sad time, since it reminds us that life around us dies. The trees turn barren, and certain plants that only live one season soon die for good. But for a short time this process of death and going into hibernation takes on unique beauty, revealing facets of plants we never see in the prime of their life. What is Fall doing at your location? I'll bring more photos along soon, as the colors get more dramatic.

2 Kommentare:

Bettina hat gesagt…

I love autumn, although I agree it can be a bit sad. But things don't die in autumn, they only go to sleep... which reminds us, that we too, occasionally have to go back inside ourselves, to hibernate, to gather energy... before we can can come out of there again, full of new energy and ideas.

Anonym hat gesagt…

You have captured those colours magnificently Mark ... simply gorgeous. I agree with Betts ... perhaps Autumn is a demo of hibernation/trasformation/new life when we awaken again.