Montag, Dezember 11, 2006

Six Weird Things About Me (Really?)

Well, Aggie in New Zealand has tagged all who read her blog, so I'll respond. Do you think I'm weird? First of all, I must mention a caveat: “weird” is in the eye of the beholder; what is weird to you may be – yawn – boring to me, or plane Jane normal. Sorry, if your name in Jane.

Number One: I love to eat a big long slow candle-light breakfast in my sleeping clothes with lots of hot tea, even with a glass of Champagne to go with it. I feel like I’m in Heaven. It can last an hour or two, as long as the company and conversation is good, no problem… (The NZ people among us would probably prefer the Champagne breakfast by candle-light au natural, but I’ll not betray whether that would interest me or not….)
Number Two: It is wonderful to go running through the forest in the winter when the snow is deep; I imagine I’m an elf in a Lord of the Rings movie running to Lothlorien.
Number Three: I cannot sleep late in my own apartment, because I know there are too many things I have to do (cleaning, taking care of plants, translations, practicing the piano, friends, etc.). But, I can sleep very late when I am visiting somewhere else and don’t have to get up early, though I will gladly get up early for breakfast as I describe in #1 above.
Number Four: I love to play the piano or sing in the dark – who needs the distraction of things you see? I can concentrate on the music better.
Number Five: I hate house cleaning, but I hate a dirty apartment even more, so I clean very fast, and I absolutely detest dirty door handles and light switches, so they all get a wipe down once a week from me with a cleanser.
Number Six: I have to listen to music on my big stereo while I take a shower – it makes showering much more aesthetic.

1 Kommentar:

Bettina hat gesagt…

This is funny stuff! I think it's not overly weird though. The breakfast in bed thing sounds like pure bliss. And I like the running through the snow too- maybe the fact that you imagine you are an elf in a Lord of the Rings movie running to Lothlorien is a bit weird... :-)

I love listening to music in the shower too. But I do find it funny that you say it makes showering more "aestethic".... do you find showering without music unaestethic? That's funny.

You sounds like someone who enjoys the little things in life, which is nice. You're not too high up on the weirdo-meter though.