Sonntag, August 31, 2008

a sad anniversary

At the time it was insignificant - now a priceless photo...

Five months ago today my mother left this life to join the most important people in her life. The problem is, she left two of us (my brother and I) here in this life. In this photo you see my mother with her husband, my father, on her right, and her mother, my grandmother, sitting below her. As we spend more time in this life, we see more clearly that who we are is a product of those who were always there for us, regardless of how we accepted it. 15 months after this photo was made, two of those in it passed on to the rest of our existence. Five months ago my mother joined them. 
I hope you have a reflective Sunday, as we come into the time of year when the environment changes so quickly. 

3 Kommentare:

Middle Ditch hat gesagt…

Very sad.

I like to make the time and effort to think of those in my family and friends who have gone and remember them.

I hope that one day someone will do the same for me.

Anonym hat gesagt…

I always remember the Anniversaries of my loved ones passed on. I still remember their birthdays, wedding anniversaries, day of death, etc. It is a marker for spending time thinking of them, about them and being grateful for all they contributed. We see our own fate wrapped up in that cycle too.

Bettina hat gesagt…

The most important thing is the time you had with them, and nobody can take that away from you, ever.