Freitag, August 18, 2006

Neues Unterfangen: Gemischtes Doppel / New Project: "Mixed Double"

My faithful blog readers, I want your help. In a magazine of a well-known German newspaper they have a weekly section with the title of this blog entry - gemischtes Doppel. Word plays. Several come to mind, but they are all in German, not very helpful to non-German reading readers here. Yet I will try in English: power shopping - shower popping (consult a good German dictionary to find out what "popping" means in German - I dare you). Another one: candidat - dandy cat (this one needed a little liberty to work). From today's issue: Wachturm - Wuchtarm (watchtower and power arm in English). Now I want your creative ideas for such word plays in English - you just exchange a minimal number of sound units between syllables to create funny pairs. Then, find a picture to illustrate each term. "Power shopping" is easy, but a "shower popping" photo would give this blog a rating only for those over 18 years old. Looking forward to great amusement. I remain faithfully your Euromark Helft mir mit dem Gemischten Doppel aus der Süddeutschen Magazin: Ich will mal ein bisschen so was hier auch machen, eher auf Englisch, aber das wäre total cool, das auch Englisch Deutsch gemischt zu machen. Also, nur zu Freunde! I remain faithfully / Euer your Euromark

2 Kommentare:

Euromark hat gesagt…

Here are two examples I have just thought of:
Rose Hips - Hose Rips

Mint Tea - Tint Me

Oben zwei Beispiele, alles klar?
Everything clear?

Euromark hat gesagt…

I'm sure there's a place for those in some European magazine somewhere...